Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Blogging...isn't it about time?

So, I guess it's about time for me to write a blog. I have been putting it off for too long and what better way to get back into it then with blogging about some exciting news. "News? What news?" you may ask...
Well, we will soon be adding baby # 2 to the Odom Family. Yeah, I know! Crazy!
I am (as of today) 13 weeks and 6 days pregnant. So that means I am 3 months pregnant and in the "safe" zone. We really did try to keep it quite as long as possible because you really don't know what can happen, however, that doesn't mean a few tongues haven't slipped along the way.

It was a lot more difficult to keep the secret this time, mostly because I was actually sick with this baby (Being Pregnant with Brayden really spoiled me.) Then I was sick on top of pregnancy sickness which causes a certain parent to worry and think I had some crazy disease. So we decided to tell our folks and this is how we did it:
Brayden with his shirt that reads "Soon to be the best BIG Brother". (the flash makes it harder to read than it is in real life...)
Too bad no one reads a kids shirt and after waiting over 30 minutes with both sets of parents we finally had to be like "Read Brayden's Shirt!!!"

I know that our parents are super excited and can't wait for another grand-baby, especially my mother!

Also, there are other incidents where someone guessed and we didn't want to flat-out lie and some where it just slipped...right Rusty? So if you didn't hear it directly from us, then I apologize. Word of mouth carries faster and in weirder ways then one expects.

As for other information, our estimated due date is November 12, 2009. Brayden with be roughly 2 years and 4 month old. I am dong really good, all sickness has pretty much cleared up. Well, except for the sleepiness and occasional headache but that could be due to a certain toddler running around in my house. Also, my Doctor said that she is 85 percent sure what gender the baby is going to be by hearing the heartbeat today...but I'm not going to tell you. Trust me, I have my reasons....

I guess that's it. Except for one more question:

13 comments:

Cathy said...

Congratulations!! Off to more exciting things. BTW, I just heard about your new calling, GOOD LUCK!!

Sugoi said...

Ahh congrats! Thanks super exciting!!

Johnson Kid's said...

WOW, Major congrats girl... we love you to pieces! :-)
-Sharynn, Kellie, Amber, and Hartley Johnson :-)

Unknown said...

Congraulations!! -Justin and Laura

The Booth Family said...

Congrats! That is really exciting news!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is way exciting! I hope you are feeling better. I .ove and miss you guys like crazy!

Evelyn said...

Yea!! Am I the guesser?? Woo-hoo! Love the T-shirt slogan at the end! We did the same thing with Deacon wearing a shirt to announce Eliza and no one would catch on! Hilarious! Congrats!!

Amy said...

Congratulations! I am excited to hear about more and more people I know that are due in November. This is just fabulous! I am due Novemeber 3. Our babies are going to be VERY close in age! Sometime when I come to visit AZ I would LOVE to see you and your family! I am coming out beginning of August...

Cathy Leavitt said...

Congrats! We love babies in our family!

Olivia* said...

Thank you for all of the sweet messages! I will try to do better to keep everyone updated!

Ashley said...

I want that SHIRT so bad for when I get preggo!!! Congrats! I'm excited for you guys!!

Rachel said...

So I guess PIH was ruled out:) Your mom called to ask we about that one:) I was thinking you were a little early for that:) Good to hear all is well and congratulations.

Robert and Becky said...

It has to be a girl since I had a girl!!! We are so excited for you!