Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The results are in...well sort of.

So I really appreciated all the votes that were cast in figuring out what our baby will be. I am going to let you know now that it is very improbable that I will be having a platypus as a baby but since it received 22% of the votes, I see that people believe Rusty and I to be freaks.... and I think I am okay with that!

Here is the results of the poll:
Boy 16% of the votes
Girl 61% of the votes
Twins 16% of the votes
Platypus 22% of the votes

We were able to get our first ultrasound yesterday and we were super excited to be able to see how big our baby has gotten. However, the baby (and my uterus) did NOT seem excited. He/she just would not cooperate! There are a few things that came up during the ultrasound:

#1 We had trouble getting a decent picture of the baby, but we did get a picture.

We got a straight on face shot. Just like Brayden's first photo. Don't see a butt chin on this one though.

#2 My placenta is too close to my cervix, thus we will most likely be getting another ultrasound to make sure there will be no problems.

#3 We did get a shot of the pelvis area and the lady was "almost positive" that our baby is a.....

We are hoping at the next ultrasound we will find the sex a definite and not a "almost positive".

(I have a total of 8 videos with Brayden telling us what our baby is. The last one I have I think is super cute but it's really dark and hard to see him so I put this one up.)

#4 My uterus is crazy, it was not the way it should be. And due to the way the baby was laying, the fluid, the placenta and some confusing images the lady (who spent almost an hour looking at the baby) is thinking there is a possibility that we might have twins. That is something else that we will be looking for when we get another ultrasound. Some people don't even know they are having twins until 6 months. So it is a small possibility. And knowing that both sides of the families have prominent twins, and other factors that will take to long to explain, it wouldn't be too far fetched for us to have twins.

Brayden and Daddy were there during the ultrasound and it was such a great family experience and considering we were in there for over an hour Brayden did a great job at being a good boy!
Brayden and Daddy with the pictures of our baby.

Brayden showing Mommy where the baby is.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I think the fact that we all voted for the platypus options denotes that you have interesting friends who appreciated the platypus option.

Paula and Eddie said...

Amy's right. Like you would have normal friends/relatives anyway...psshh! If it really is a girl, awesome...and if it ends up being twins, scary! I always liked the idea, but having two kids two years apart is enough work, let alone at the same time WITH a two year old. Oh and I seriously hope that placenta cooperates...trust me that that is just about the most miserable thing...like walking on a balloon with spiked cleats...Let's hope your placenta gets the message to move! Love ya!

Evelyn said...

What a fanatastic post Olivia!! I loved it! How cute with the video of Brayden. LOVED it! BTW, both my girls they could never tell me for sure what it was...I've heard that from several other people too. So...I think your odds are good. Bring on the pink! Woo-hoo!

Robert and Becky said...

YEA!!!! Ella has a new best friend coming!!! Well since she can't tell you how excited she is I will just tell you that she is very excited so much so that when I told her the news her limbs flailed about as if she had no control over them! The only thing that will make her even happier is if she has two new best friends in there!