Monday, March 2, 2009

I get the message!

So it seems as that I complain a little too much to the Lord because he decided to take some action. I have not been very found of my recent weight gain and I know that I need to do something about it. I decided I was gong to start walking with Brayden. However, I am more talk than I am action and so the Lord decided to help me out a bit. Last Monday Rusty's car broke down in the middle of the freeway and had to be towed home. We really don't have the money for a mechanic so he and a friend are working on fixing it. That means that I am out of a car for several weeks.

Well, I took this as a kick in the butt from the Lord and a message that I need to walk. So Tuesday I walked to the store for some groceries (about 2 miles), Thursday is play date day so I walked to the park and back (roughly 3 miles) and Friday I walked to my mothers to do laundry ( a little over 4 miles). I know 9 or so miles in a week is not that impressive but for a bump on a log, like myself, I felt pretty empowered. I had fun walking (except for the fact I felt like an old lady since my hips were really achy) and I am going to walk at least 2 mile everyday. Today Brayden and I are going to walk to the "Duck Park" which is 2.5 miles one way. So although it stinks we have to spend money on fixing up our car, it's really been a blessing and I am in fact grateful for it.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow, Olivia you have such a great attitude!!! I admire you a lot. When we had one car I would walk to Wal-mart which was about 1 mile away but that was about the farthest. I admire you!!!

Rachel said...

Olivia-good job! Quite honostly, I have loved getting out more without the car. People would actually stop and smile at me:) I missed that during the winter. Good luck.