Monday, March 23, 2009

Saying Prayers

We have really been trying to do spiritual things with Brayden. Before every meal we pray and he does a really good job at keeping his arms folded and even tries to bow his head and close his eyes (although those are brief moments). We also do scriptures and prayer before bed. He is responding really well to it and it makes me really happy when he doesn't want to stop reading scriptures or when he reminds us to say prayer. He climbs into his high chair, folds his arms and asks. "Prayer? Prayer?".

So last night we were at my Mom's house having Sunday dinner and we put Brayden in his high chair. He folds his arms, says "Prayer?" then follows by saying something that sounded like "Heavenly" and then said "Father." So I asked him if he wanted to say prayer. (He doesn't really say 'Yes' just smiles and giggles, which I know to mean 'Yes') So he said his version of "Yes" and so I started to say prayer and waited and then he repeated what I said! Like 'Father', 'food', 'strength', 'love', 'Jesus', 'Amen', etc. It was the cutest thing ever!

So, for every prayer since he has been "saying prayer". I'm really grateful that he enjoys praying, reading scriptures and singing church songs. I think it reminds him of our Heavenly Home and can feel the Holy Ghost. I can't believe all the things he is able to do and is wanting to do at 19 months old (well, He will be 20 months tomorrow but still he amazes me!)

I asked Brayden to fold his arms to get this picture. Isn't he cute?


Here are some fun photos and a videos from last night:

Brayden was helping Nana cook Peas and peel potatoes.
Here's a video too.



Notice how fast he runs when he sees Papa go outside.
Two things he loves a lot!
Helping Papa get some oranges.

He picked two yummy ones.
And runs to give them to Nana


Little did I know that my Papa told him to give the oranges to Nana and then he would let him swing in the swing. (Which is what you see in the video)


I heard Brayden laughing hysterically outside and this is what I found:



Daddy made some cool hats with the toy car track.

My stylish hubby!

Brayden ready to eat, right before he gave his first prayer!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

My boys were laughing right along with Braydon in the swinging video:)a

Mandy said...

Children saying prayers is the cutest thing EVER!!! Haley loves to say the blessing on the food and her bed time prayers. As she gets older I learn more and more about the things she notices and the love she has for people and animals. Keep up the good work MOM!